Cochlear implant mentors
The three programmes outlined on this page allow you connect with others who have had similar experiences with hearing loss and cochlear implant treatment options.
Run by Advanced Bionics
If you are a recipient or are considering cochlear implants for yourself or a loved one, you will find one-on-one support through the Bionic Ear Association’s Mentor programme.
All of our mentors live vital and varied lives, but have one thing in common: they want to lend their expertise, experience, and support to you.
Through our website you can directly connect with a cochlear implant recipient who can assist you in navigating the process of choosing and living with cochlear implants.
Run by Cochlear
Whether you’re considering an implant and seeking advice or would like to learn practical day to day tips, we can connect you with a Volunteer who has first-hand experience of living with a cochlear implant and will:
- Give emotional support
- Offer to share their implant journey, knowledge and experiences
- Listen with understanding
- Be respectful and confidential
- Provide a compassionate and caring approach
- Put you in contact with support groups and hearing loss charities
Run by MED-EL
Do you or a loved one have problems with your ears and hearing? Or are you a candidate for a hearing implant or the recipient of a new implant? You may have lots of questions and our HearPeers mentors are here to support you through your journey and share their experiences and tips. All of our HearPeers mentors are hearing implant users or parents/guardians of children with a hearing loss who are hearing implant recipients.
With our dedicated HearPeers website, the mentor programme is here for you to:
- Connect with like-minded hearing implant users
- Share your thoughts and emotions with people who understand exactly what you’re going through
- Benefit from users’ knowledge and experience gained on their hearing journey
- Discover everyday tips to get the most out of your implant and overcome any hearing loss challenges
Visit the HearPeers Mentor Programme and follow us on Twitter and Instagram @HearPeersUK.