The 3D Tune-In project has developed a digital game and a website application for adults with hearing aids. One is a game that is designed to teach people with hearing aids about how making changes to hearing aid settings might enable them to hear more clearly in different environments.
The website aims to help people with hearing aids to better enjoy music by making changes to hearing aid settings.
They are looking for over 19s with hearing aids to download and play the game, visit the website and then answer a questionnaire telling us what they think about each.
They ask that people play the game/use the website for 30 minutes each, and the questionnaire should take 10-15 minutes to complete. Participants will have the opportunity to enter a prize draw to win one of five prizes of a £25 Amazon voucher.
Participants must be:
- Hearing aid users (BTE, ITE, CIC, RIC i.e. styles that do not require surgery/cochlear implants)
- Over 19 years old
- Interested in digital games
- Willing to remove hearing aid(s) and use headphones to play the game/use the website
- Willing to either attend a workshop at the University of Nottingham in order to participate, or use the game and app at home. Participating at home will require the following:
- Own, or have access to a PC with Windows or IOS operating systems with internet access and an email address
- Own, or have access to a pair of headphones
- Willing to download an application to their device
People who are interested in this project should email Maddy Hallewell on email@example.com. Please provide the following information:
- Select one of the following age groups: 19-40, 41-60, 61-80, 81+
- Confirm that you are a hearing aid user
- State your preference for either downloading the games to play at home or attending a workshop at the University of Nottingham to participate (apologies we cannot pay travel expenses).